MATCH PREVIEW: CHELSEA FC vs FC SCHALKE 04
Uefa Champions League is back as Chelsea FC takes on Schalke 04 in our first group-stage match of the campaign. Chelsea FC begin their journey for a second Uefa Champions League crown with the visit of FC Schalke 04, who they beat 3 – 0 home and away in last season’s group stage. José Mourinho lifted the UCL with Porto (2004) and Inter (2010) and he’s waiting to become the first Head-Coach to win the European Cup with 3 different teams.
• Chelsea met FC Schalke 04 in 2007/08 group stage. Chelsea won 2 – 0 at the Bridge, second goal scored by Chelsea Legend Didier Drogba but the game in Germany ended 0 – 0.
• They also met in last year’s group stage. Chelsea won 3 – 0 home and away.
• The last win on November 6 extended home record against German visitors to seven games without defeat (six wins, one draw). Chelsea has never lost at home to a Bundesliga team.
• For the first time in 46 years, Schalke have failed to win any of their first four competitive games of a new season.
• Last year’s Stamford Bridge game was Schalke’s only defeat in their last eight away UEFA Champions League group fixtures; they have won four and drawn three of the others. They recorded a win and a draw in their other group away games 12 months ago.
• It was Chelsea’s first loss in 30 home group stage matches since Beşiktaş JK’s 2-0 victory on 1 October 2003.
Chelsea Fc record against Bundesliga opponent:
Won – 9
Drew – 4
Lost – 4
September 17, 2014.
Time: 20:45 GMT.
Tell us how you feel about this match and the group as well.
Start or join the conversation below!!!
We are #PrideOfLondon, we #bleedblue and don’t forget to #KTBFFH #CFC