MATCH REPORT: CHELSEA FC VS ASTON VILLA
Brazilians shines as Chelsea overcome Aston villa. An early goal from Oscar put Chelsea’s noses in front at Halftime. Later in the second half, Chelsea striker Diego Costa headed the ball past the American Goalkeeper Guzan. However, Chelsea did not stop scoring as Costa’s deflected shot was tapped-in by Willian.
The match ended 3-0 in favour of the home side.
• In the 7th minute, Ivanovic ran down the flank with a low pass to Willian who fires the ball to Guzan and steered the rebound into the path of
Oscar and he drilled it home. Goal! 1-0
• A good delivery by Westwood, the ball drops to Cissokho but he only hooked it wide of the post.
• Villa were with so many players behind the ball when we attacked it was proving difficult to get in behind.
• A Decent chance came for Fabregas but the Spaniard drives wide after being teed up by Oscar.
• Guzan then produced a good save to deny Costa, who rose to meet a Willian cross. His header went straight into Guzan’s gloves.
• Ivanovic went close, heading over from a Fabregas corner.
• Diego Costa tried his luck from the angle of the penalty area; it was a decent effort but sailed over the bar.
• Delph with Villa’s first shot on goal but was high and wide from the midfielder.
• Halftime at the bridge, Chelsea 1 – 0 Aston Villa
• The first clear chance in the second half came when Baker climbed highest and heads over the bar, not far off. At the other end Costa’s header is saved by Guzan.
• Villa’s free-kick was swung in but Courtois claimed with relative ease.
• A brilliant cross by Azpilicueta was emphatically headed home by Diego Costa. Goal! 2-0
• Almost another but somehow it stayed out, Oscar poked it past Guzan but Cissokho cleared off the line.
• Fabregas found Costa, his shot was saved but as the ball bounced back off Cissokho it left Willian with a tap in. Goal! 3-0
• In the last five minutes, the Blues saw the game out by keeping possession.
FULLTIME : CHELSEA FC 3 0 ASTON VILLA
Read also: Post match conference.
On the occasion of Jose Mourinho’s
250th game in charge of the club, and our 4,000th league game and 2,000th home league game since 1905, we secured our 5,000th point.
Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar (Mikel 77), Hazard (Schurrle 68); Diego Costa (Remy 80).
Unused subs Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Drogba.
Scorers Oscar 7, Diego Costa 59, Willian 79.
Booked Cahill 26, Fabregas 58.
Villa (4-3-3): Guzan; Hutton, Senderos, Baker, Cissokho; Westwood, Cleverley, Delph; Richardson (Bent 69). Agbonlahor (c), Weimann (N’Zogbia 69).
Unused subs Given, Bacuna, Clark, Sanchez, Grealish.
Booked Cleverley 51, Senderos 62.
Referee: Phil Dowd.
Attendance: 41, 616